Recorded Webinar Now Available
Employees who are pregnant or are new parents may be entitled to protected leaves of absence or accommodation under several laws. Knowing which laws apply when — and how they interact with each other — can understandably feel like a monumental task.
The California Chamber of Commerce is presenting a live webinar on March 17 to discuss these laws and help employers manage pregnancy disability and new parental leave requests.
Join CalChamber employment law experts for a clarifying discussion about:
- Employee leave rights under California’s Pregnancy Disability Leave law (PDL) (applies to businesses with five or more employees);
- Baby bonding leave under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) (applies to businesses with five or more employees) and the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (applies to businesses with 50 or more employees);
- Reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA);
- Continuation of health benefits;
- Return-to-work rights;
- Notice and policy requirements; and
- Best practices.
Sign Up Today
The “Managing Leave Requests from Pregnant Employees and New Parents” live webinar will run on Thursday, March 17, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
This course is approved for 1.5 California recertification credits toward PHR, SPHR, GPHR, APHR and PHR/CA through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The course is also approved for 1.5 MCLE credit hours and 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
This webinar offers information only and does not serve as or replace legal advice.