U.S. Government Contacts
Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank)
Export Legal Assistance Network (ELAN)
Millennium Challenge Corporation
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
U.S. Agency for International Development (AID)U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) (formerly Bureau of Export Administration-BXA)
- Buy USA – Commercial Service
- Commercial News USA – Online – the official export promotion magazine of the U.S. Department of Commerce
- District Export Councils (DEC)
- Electronic Commerce Policy
- Enforcement and Compliance
- Export Portal
- Export Assistance Centers
- Foreign Trade Zones Board
- Market Diversification Tool
- National Council for International Visitors (NCIV)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms
- Trade Information Center
- 301 Alert
- U.S. Exporters Yellow Pages
Get Export tips in biweekly emails -sign up for Export Today messages. The USDOC offers three options depending upon level of experience in making international sales.
- New to Exporting Edition – for companies just getting started with global sales.
- Expanding Markets Edition – for companies interested in capitalizing on their initial success to succeed in new markets.
- Experienced Exporter Edition – for companies who want to increase their knowledge of exporting to succeed in new, more challenging markets.
Tools and Resources for Foreign Direct Investment into the U.S.:
- California Foreign Direct Investment: Tech Guide
- U.S. Commercial Service (click and scroll down to view Office Locations map) – part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, offers companies a full range of expertise in international trade.
- SelectUSA – the FDI initiative for the U.S. Commercial Service
- California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development, International Trade & Investment – California’s International Trade Team
In short 4-6 minute videos, you’ll get an overview of 20 top U.S. export markets and insight from in-country trade experts at U.S. embassies and consulates. Watch Here.
- FTA Tarriff Tool
- Market Access and Compliance Division
- “STOP Fakes”
- Trade Compliance Center
- Office of Travel & Tourism Industries
- American Foreign Service Association’s Tracker: Current U.S. Ambassadors
- Department of State by State
- Discover Diplomacy
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- Making Global Local Program – an initiative designed to connect towns and cities across the country with USTDA’s export-promoting programs. The CalChamber is a new partner in the Making Global Local program.