Fourteen California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently selected by the San Diego Business Journal as some of the best places to work in San Diego.
The list honors businesses that, according to the journal, “reflect true excellence in policies and practices that foster employee health, engagement and productivity.”
The list was broken into four categories: small employers with 15–49 employees, medium employers with 50–249 employees, large employers with 250–1,999 employees and mega employers with more than 2,000 employees.
The CalChamber member companies that landed on this year’s list are:
- LevitZacks, Certified Public Accountants, an accounting firm, ranked No. 12. The company awards full medical coverage to its employees as well as the opportunity to take paid time off for community service programs.
- Wakeland Housing and Development Corp., a nonprofit committed to creating affordable housing in California, came in at No. 15. The organization nurtures a healthy work-life balance through its many wellness programs.
- Lee & Associates, a real estate firm, placed at No. 17. Devoted to its employees’ health, the brokerage pays 100% of its employees’ medical coverage and supplies access to a fitness facility.
- Hughes Marino, a commercial real estate brokerage, topped the list at No. 1. The company has secured its reputation by always living up to its “10 Core Values,” the first being, “Always do the right thing.”
- The Miller Hull Partnership, an architecture and planning firm, ranked No. 2. Outside the firm, employees and their families are welcome to participate in nature retreats and other fun activities throughout the year.
- Nth Generation Computing Inc., an information technology solutions provider, placed at No. 3. Employees enjoy seasonal celebrations, yoga classes, free theater tickets and overnight stays at wineries and spas.
- Smashtech, an advertising, public relations and marketing firm, came in at No. 9. Perks include two months of paid parental leave, numerous company events and flexible hours.
- Cavignac & Associates, a risk management-oriented insurance brokerage, ranked No. 12. The firm provides medical and dental coverage, chiropractic and acupuncture services, Section 125 plans and other wellness programs.
- Pure Financial Advisors Inc., which has provided financial services since 2007, placed at No. 13. The firm offers its employees stock options, medical coverage, a retirement plan and flexible spending.
- tk1sc, which placed at No. 22, ensures that buildings are safe, innovative and environmentally friendly. Among tk1sc’s many perks are a competitive salary, full medical benefits and half days every Friday.
- Accredited Debt Relief, which ranked No. 25, helps clients resolve their debt in an intelligent and swift manner. The company grants its employees a sizable benefits package, including a 401k plan and medical coverage.
- Pro Back Office, LLC, an accounting firm, placed at No. 29. Employees rely on the company’s multiple opportunities for professional development to expand and improve their skills.
- Novasyte Health, an IQVIA Co., which provides service teams and technologies for the health care industry, came in at No. 35. Employees have access to innovative medical technology and can teach, travel and meet a diversity of clients across the country.
- Andrews Lagasse Branch & Bell LLP, a 100% female- and minority-owned law firm, ranked No. 36. The firm offers full medical coverage, a retirement plan and a flexible spending account.
To view the full list of the San Diego Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work,” visit https://www.bestplacestoworksd.com/2019-best-places-to-work-in-san-diego-rankings.