The Glassdoor survey breaks down its lists using company size:
- 50 Best Places to Work (honoring employers with 1,000 or more employees) and
- 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For (honoring employers with fewer than 1,000 employees).
Glassdoor’s 100 Best Places to Work in 2019 list features winning employers hiring across a range of industries, including technology, health care, retail, consulting, food services, travel and tourism, real estate, finance and more.
50 Best Places to Work
Four CalChamber member companies appear in the top five. CalChamber members in this category included:
- Bain & Company (No. 1, 4.6 rating)
- In-N-Out Burger (No. 3, 4.5 rating)
- Procore Technologies (No. 4, 4.5 rating)
- Boston Consulting Group (No.5, 4.5 rating)
- LinkedIn (No. 6. 4.5 rating)
- Facebook (No. 7, 4.5 rating)
- Google (No. 8, 4.4 rating)
- Southwest Airlines (No. 10, 4.4 rating)
- Salesforce (No. 11, 4.4 rating)
- McKinsey & Company (No. 19, 4.4 rating)
- Smile Brands (No. 25, 4.4 rating)
- Microsoft (No. 34 4.3 rating)
- & J. Gallo Winery (No. 37, 4.3 rating)
- Blizzard Entertainment (No. 42, 4.3 rating)
- The Clorox Company (No. 47, 4.3 rating)
- Johnson & Johnson (No. 49, 4.3 rating)
- AvalonBay Communities (No. 55, 4.3 rating)
- AppDynamics (No. 58, 4.3 rating)
- T-Mobile (No. 59, 4.3 rating)
- Cisco Systems (No. 69, 4.3 rating)
- Deloitte (No. 80, 4.2 rating)
- NetApp (No. 82, 4.2 rating)
- Accenture (No 88., 4.2 rating)
- Chevron (No. 94, 4.2 rating)
- EY (Ernst & Young) (No. 95, 4.2 rating)
- Kaiser Permanente (No. 98, 4.2 rating)
CalChamber member companies Bain & Company, Google (No. 8, 4.4) are two of three companies that have made the list every year.
Chevron has rejoined the list and was last recognized in 2016.
50 Best Small & Medium Companies
CalChamber members in this category included:
This is the first list placement for 23andMe. 23andMe.
The 2019 Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards for the Best Places to Work rely on feedback from employees who elected to anonymously submit a company review on Glassdoor. When submitting a company review, employees are asked to share their opinion on some of the best reasons to work for their employer (pros), any downsides (cons) and are encouraged to provide advice to management. In addition, employees are asked to rate how satisfied they are with their employer overall, rate their CEO, as well as rate key workplace attributes like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, culture and values, senior management and work-life balance. Employees also are asked whether they would recommend their employer to a friend and whether they believe their employer’s six-month business outlook is positive, negative or if they have no opinion.
The Glassdoor 2019 Employees’ Choice Awards for the Best Places to Work feature six distinct categories in five countries. For each category, company reviews and ratings from current and former employees were considered between October 23, 2017 and October 21, 2018.