Twenty-eight California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently selected as among the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
The list, which is compiled annually as a joint project by the two publications, highlights Bay Area companies whose employees rate them the highest on such values as collaborative culture, solid compensation and benefits, and good management practices.
Companies that made the Best Places to Work list were featured in a special April issue of the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and were honored at an awards event in San Francisco.
The companies featured on the list were categorized into five groups: Largest (employers with more than 1,000 employees); Large (employers with 250–999 employees); Midsize (employers with 100–249 employees); Small (employers with 50–99 employees); and Smallest (employers with 25–49 employees). Companies with fewer than 25 employees were not included.
Below are the CalChamber member companies recognized in the “Best Places to Work” list:
- Comcast Corp., a mass media and broadcasting company, ranked No. 6. Henry (Hank) R. Fore, regional senior vice president of Comcast Cable, is a member of the CalChamber Board of Directors.
- Hyatt Hotels, a hotel hospitality chain, ranked No. 7.
- Robert Half International Inc., a professional staffing services firm, ranked No. 9.
- Episcopal Senior Communications, a nonprofit senior resources organization, ranked No. 11.
- Golden State Lumber, a building materials supplier, ranked No. 4.
- Prometheus Real Estate Group, a real estate and property management group, ranked No. 7.
- Sprig Electric, an electrical and communications contractor, ranked No. 15.
- Guidewire Software, an enterprise software company, ranked No. 18.
- Genesys, a computer software company, ranked No. 21.
- Turner Construction, a construction management/general contractor company, ranked No. 22.
- Eden Housing, an affordable housing developer, ranked No. 23.
- Hanson Bridgett LLP, a law firm, ranked No. 27.
- Ellie Mae, a mortgage software company, ranked No. 33.
- Synaptics, a human interface solution developer, ranked No. 35.
- Telecare Corp., a mental health services provider, ranked No. 36.
- PriMed Management/Hill Physicians Medical Group, a health care group, ranked No. 37.
- Filice Insurance Agency, an employee benefits and wellness company, ranked No. 1.
- XL Construction, a general contractor/construction company, ranked No. 2.
- Hearsay Social, an enterprise technology company, ranked No. 7.
- Sequoia Consulting Group, a general contractor/construction company, ranked No. 11.
- If(we), a social media app builder, ranked No. 12.
- Udemy, an online education marketplace, ranked No. 14.
- Syserco Inc., an energy management and services company, ranked No. 17.
- Thumbtack, an online marketplace for local service professionals, ranked No. 24.
- Primitive Logic Inc, a consulting and technology solutions firm, ranked No. 10.
- ThoughtSpot, a search-driven analytics startup, ranked No. 16.
- Freed Associates, a health care consulting firm, ranked No. 19.
- Source Planning and Construction, a general contractor/construction company, ranked No. 19.