The CalChamber prepares this guide annually to provide comprehensive overviews of our priorities and the data to support our positions.
The CalChamber Agenda for All Californians encompasses five critical goals so that all segments of the state’s top 10 global economy have a chance to do better: invest in transportation and water infrastructure; increase housing supply; make energy more affordable; update labor laws and reduce litigation; and invest in education and a skilled workforce.
Premier Sponsor: Chevron
Bronze Sponsor: Enterprise
Special thanks to our CalChamber Cornerstone Members: Albertsons, AT&T, Automobile Club of Southern California, Bank of America, Chevron, Edison International, Kaiser Permanente, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Sempra Energy, Verizon and Wells Fargo Bank
Expanding Opportunity: An Agenda for All Californians
2017 Issue Summaries
- The Americas: Trade and Investment Relations
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Generalized System of Preferences
- Transatlantic Trade and Investment Relationship
- Trans-Pacific Trade and Investment Relations
- World Trade Organization
Labor and Employment
Campaign for California Jobs
- New Election Cycle to Emphasize Races for State Constitutional Offices; Growing Moderate Ranks in Senate Also a Priority
- Contacting Your Legislators: Protocol
- The Legislative Process
- How to Write an Effective Lobbying Letter
- Guide to Reading a Bill
- California Government Glossary
- California State Government – The Executive Branch
Pictorial Roster of Elected Officials
Updates on issues will appear each week in the California Chamber of Commerce legislative newsletter, Alert, or on the CalChamber website. Sign up for free e-mail updates at www.calchamber.com or download the CalChamber Alert app at www.calchamber.com/mobile.
Order a Complete Copy of the Guide
Additional copies of this Guide are available for $20 each. Mail checks to California Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1736, Sacramento, CA 95812-1736, Attn: Business Issues.