2016 Business Issues and Legislative Guide
The CalChamber prepares this guide annually to provide comprehensive overviews of our priorities and the data to support our positions.
See the links below for in-depth analyses of state and federal issues the CalChamber considers crucial to our Agenda for California Prosperity.
Premier Sponsor: Wells Fargo Bank
Silver Premium Sponsor: Chevron
Special thanks to our CalChamber Cornerstone Members: AT&T, Automobile Club of Southern California, Bank of America, Chevron, Edison International, Kaiser Permanente, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Safeway, Sempra Energy, Verizon and Wells Fargo Bank
Download Guide as a PDF
All links below use Adobe PDF.
Agenda for California Prosperity
2016 Issue Summaries
Americans with Disabilities Act
- Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- World Trade Organization
Labor and Employment
Legal Reform and Protection
Campaign for California Jobs
- Bipartisan Approach to Electing Pro-Jobs Candidates Fosters Environment Conducive to Problem Solving
- Contacting Your Legislators: Protocol
- The Legislative Process
- How to Write an Effective Lobbying Letter
- Guide to Reading a Bill
- California Government Glossary
- California State Government – The Executive Branch
Pictorial Roster of Elected Officials
- California Elected Officials (Updated 4/14/16)
- California Congressional Delegation (Updated 11/24/15)
Updates on issues will appear each week in the California Chamber of Commerce legislative newsletter, Alert, or on the CalChamber website. Sign up for free e-mail updates at www.calchamber.com or download the CalChamber Alert app at www.calchamber.com/mobile.
Order a Complete Copy of the Guide
Additional copies of this Guide are available for $20 each. Mail checks to California Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1736, Sacramento, CA 95812-1736, Attn: Business Issues.