Calendar of Events
SFAsia is organizing its first Roadshow this November to Seoul and Taipei.
The SFAsia Roadshow will explore the following areas:
- Resiliency, infrastructure, and cyber-security
- Advanced manufacturing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Hallyu (Korean Wave)
The SFAsia Roadshow will provide insights into inbound and outbound investment for the Asian market. Delegates will participate in business forums, network with Asian investors, join site visits and learn about the nuances of doing business in South Korea compared to Taiwan.
To register, please click here: https://form.jotform.com/82316781997169
Join us for the East Bay Economic Development Alliance International Consulate Reception where you will have the opportunity to hear about international trade and investment opportunities, and network with Consuls General & Consulate offices. Extra seating added!
- 3:30 pm | Doors Open
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm | Welcome by Honorable Libby Schaaf Mayor, City of Oakland
Keynote Address by Deep SenGupta
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm | Networking & Reception with Consuls General & Consular Offices
At the reception, take a selfie with Golden State Warriors Steph Curry’s back-to-back MVP Trophies!
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Oakland Convention Center
550 10th Street, Oakland, CA 94607
$50 East Bay EDA Members
The Middlebury International Trade Association (MITA) is hosting its 2018 Annual Bi-Coastal TradeTalks Conference!
The year 2018 has been one of major change in the field of international trade. Shifts in U.S. trade policy are expected to have wide-reaching impacts in the years to come–but how can businesses and organizations navigate today’s changing regulatory climate?
Join us on November 30, 2018 to find out what experts in trade are expecting on the horizon. The Bi-Coastal TradeTalks Conference connects speakers in Monterey, CA and Washington, D.C. for panel discussions on this year’s greatest trade issues, including new developments in national trade policy and their impacts at state and regional levels. Learn how the newest changes in trade policy affect your industry and how companies can come out ahead.
Come mingle with trade professionals from a variety of fields, and meet the rising stars studying economic diplomacy, trade law and sanctions compliance, translation and interpretation, among others at Middlebury.
Sign up before November 16 for our Early Bird Discount Ticket and save $25.
All students get in free! Just reserve tickets in advance and present your student I.D. at the door.
- 9:00am-9:30am Registration, Morning Reception
- 9:30am-10:40am Panel 1: U.S. Trade Policy and the Future of Free Trade
- 10:40am-10:55am Intermission
- 10:55am-12:05pm Panel 2: International Trade – Local Strategies and Broader Impacts
- 12:05pm-1:30pm Break for Lunch
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Panel 3: Export Compliance and Navigating Today’s Regulatory Climate
- 3:00pm-5:00pm Networking Mixer/Open Bar
Be sure to add email@example.com your email contacts, or check your spam to get your ticket.
For more information and to register, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/middlebury-institute-2018-annual-bi-coastal-tradetalks-conference-tickets-7490824257
Dates and Venue Locations:
Beijing-Dec 3rd | Chengdu-Dec 5th | Guangzhou-Dec 7th
ChinaSF proudly announces our 3rd annual Roadshow: Resiliency and Quality of Life
The ChinaSF Roadshow will explore the following areas:
- Senior living: By 2050, the UN predicts, 1 in 3 Chinese people will belong to the 60 plus age demographic. PwC estimates that between 2016 and 2020 Chinese people are spending 17 percent more on senior care annually.
- Healthcare and life sciences: Connected care is the future; 67 percent of the general population in China reports using connected care technologies to track their health in the past 12 months, and 92 percent of health professionals in China believe an integrated health care system is key
- Sustainable smart cities: The Chinese commitment to building smart cities is expected to draw in more than $230 billion investment in the coming years. The United States is China’s second largest source of imports for the construction industry, with a 13 percent import market share.
The ChinaSF Roadshow is the perfect opportunity to understand the nuances of both inbound and outbound investment and business as it relates to the Chinese market. Attendees have access to forums, networking with Chinese institutional investors, site visits, and more in each city as well as other fun and exciting events and activities.
$12,000 for Panelists
$8,000 for Delegates
$3,000 for Qualifying Startups*
Cost includes 4-star hotels, in country transportation, briefings, receptions, breakfast, and translators. Cost and fees are subject to change due to space availability, exchange rates, and schedule changes. Not including international flights or China visa processing.11.7.18 ChinaSF Roadshow Flier
The Summit will bring together business leaders, government officials, and water experts to discuss best practices in corporate water stewardship and public policies to address the ever growing, global demand for water. Governor Doug Ducey of Arizona will be the keynote speaker.
To learn more about the summit, please visit: www.H2Oinnovationsummit.com
Early Bird (before Oct 1): $50 (Members), $65 (Non-Members) Regular (after Oct 1): $75 (Members), $90 (Non-Members)
Save the Date information: http://www.h2oinnovationsummit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/BusinessH2O-SAVE-THE-DATE-and-SPONSORSHIP.pdf
Discover Global Markets: Indo-Pacific will be a unique forum for U.S. companies to explore sales channels and the project pipeline in the civil aviation, defense, and security sectors across the Indo-Pacific region. Conference sessions and one-on-one meetings will allow participants to dive deeper into markets of interest and hear from experts on market challenges, sales outlook, and proven strategies for developing partners in Australia, Bangladesh, Burma, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. We expect to have U.S. Government representatives from each of these markets on hand to meet with participating U.S. companies. Additionally, we expect the attendance of foreign buyers from markets such as Australia, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Taiwan and Vietnam.
This one-and-a-half-day event will consist of several plenaries and keynotes, but the focus of the event is networking. When the attendees are not in the plenaries or luncheon keynote, they will have the choice to attend a “trade talk” or self-schedule meetings and network with visiting U.S. Commercial Diplomats, foreign buyers, U.S. OEMs and other like-minded exporters looking to grow their business in the Indo Pacific region.
- The Indo-Pacific Strategy and its Impact on U.S. Economic Security and Export Growth (lead by Major General Joaquin F. Malavet, Director, Strategic Planning and Policy, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command)
- Supply Chain Optimization in the Face of Innovation & Disruption: Materials, Process, and Supply
- New Frontiers for Space Commerce
For more information or to register, please click here: https://connect.eventtia.com/en/dmz/dgmindopacific/website/page/bb4f3dc5-2
Leverage Growing Business Opportunities in Taipei and Taichung
Taiwan has become one of the world’s fastest growing economies over the past several decades, thanks to its favorable economic policies and proximity to the ASEAN economies. With a gross domestic product (GDP) of $1.075 trillion in 2014, Taiwan’s economy is the 20th largest in the world by purchasing power parity (PPP), making it extremely important for international investment, commerce, and supply chain activities.
Industrial sector focus:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Bespoke B2B matchmaking
- Attend global business forums to meet with key industry leaders
- Customized industrial site visits, including networking opportunities and introductions
- Opportunity to highlight company to key investors through pitch sessions and events
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce Gold Key activities (upon request)
The SFAsia Roadshow provides a customizable vehicle from which to gain market insights, leverage the San Francisco brand for your business interests while exploring the opportunities of this Asian market. Delegates will participate in business forums, network with Asian investors, join site visits and learn about the nuances of doing business in Taiwan.11.7.18 SFAsia_Invite
Countdown started for NADEC’s new format of Annual Export Conference. Some of the highlights:
- Two full days program
- Distinguished keynote speakers
- Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross addressed the attendees at both of our conferences in 2018
- Speakers and panelists from
- ITA, U.S. Commercial Service, USTR, BIS, OFAC, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, District Export Councils, EXIM Bank, Industry Trade Advisory Committees (ITAC), and Business Leaders
- Panels and break-out sessions focusing on the key export issues and updates:
- Trade Policy
- Advanced Exporting topics
- Export Compliance and Sanctions
- Free Trade Agreements
- Country and Region Reviews
- Emerging Markets
- Table Topic Discussions
Visit your Senators and Representatives with an organized tour by NADEC!!!
For more information, please visit: https://www.districtexportcouncil.org/
2019’s SelectUSA Investment Summit will take place from June 10-12, 2019 in Washington, D.C. at the Washington Hilton.
Throughout its existence, the Investment Summit has been a key contributor to advancing the Department of Commerce’s mission to support U.S. economic growth and create opportunities for hardworking Americans. Past Investment Summit participants have announced $98 billion in new investment projects which have been responsible for creating more than 150,000 American jobs.
For more information, please visit: https://www.selectusasummit.us/Home