Small Business Advocate of the Year Award Criteria
The application should include information regarding how the nominee has significantly contributed as an outstanding advocate for small business in any of the following ways:
- Held leadership role or worked on statewide ballot measures
- Testified before state Legislature
- Held leadership role or worked on local ballot measures
- Represented chamber before local government
- Actively involved in federal legislation
Application also should identify specific issues the nominee has worked on or advocated during the year.
Additional Required Materials
- Describe in approximately 300 words why nominee should be selected.
- News articles or other exhibitions as supporting materials.
- Letter of recommendation from chamber president or chairman of the board.
The 2021 Small Business Advocate Award application is now available to download.
More details and past winners are listed on the CalChamber Small Business Advocate of the Year Award page.