Local Chamber Affiliate Program
Provide Your Members a Benefit and Make Money for Your Chamber
All Employers with 5 or More Employees Must Comply with the New Harassment Prevention Law
Effective January 1, 2019, a new California law requires employers with 5 or more employees to provide not only two hours of sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention training to supervisors, but also at least one hour of such training to all nonsupervisory employees by January 1, 2020. The minimum count of “5” employees covers seasonal and temporary hires, including independent contractors. The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) has confirmed that employees, including supervisors, who were trained in 2018 or before will need to be retrained again in 2019.
CalChamber sells low-cost, online sexual harassment prevention courses. With our affiliate program, you can help your members satisfy the new legal requirement while earning 20% of the proceeds for your local chamber. The video on this page will guide you through the signup process.
How the Affiliate Program Works
You will be provided with tracked links to our Required California Harassment Prevention Training store page that you can share on your website, social media and email newsletters. When your members click the links, our store will automatically apply a 20% store discount. After the purchase, our affiliate management system, Commission Junction, will release a payment to you for 20% of the total amount of the sale. It’s all automatic and your members will enjoy the same discount normally reserved for our top-tier members. You will also be provided with banners and descriptive copy that you can use in your newsletters and blog. Real-time reporting is available to you, along with monthly commission disbursements.
How to Get Your Unique Tracked Links and Banners
- Sign up (at no cost) with our affiliate management system by clicking here.
- Complete the form on their website. (You will be asked to enter company legal structure and tax filing information.)
- When we approve your application, the system will notify you via email.
- After logging in, click ‘Links’ in the top navigation, then select ‘Search’ from the two options
- Here you will see all available links, product descriptions and website banners. Use any of these to alert your members of this new law and how to purchase the training.