CalChamber Fact Sheet
The California Chamber of Commerce is the largest, broad-based business advocate to government in California, working at the state and federal levels to influence government actions affecting all California business. As a not-for-profit, we leverage our front-line knowledge of laws and regulations to provide affordable and easy-to-use compliance products and services.
- President and Chief Executive Officer: Jennifer Barrera
- Located at 1215 K Street, Suite 1400, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Mission: To serve as an advocate and resource for California employers and to engage in other activities, domestically and internationally, that enhance the California economy and make the state a better place to live, work and do business.
- 2023 Guide to the California Chamber of Commerce
CalChamber Membership Facts
- Members total 14,000
- Members employ one-fourth the private sector workforce in California
- More than two-thirds of CalChamber members have 100 or fewer employees
Information Commonly Requested
Legislative Issues & Economy
- Status Report on Major Business Bills (7/28/2023)
- 2023 Business Issues and Legislative Guide (2/2022)
- 2022 Final Status Report on Major Business Bills (10/7/2022)
- Economic Advisory Council Report (3/2023)
- Job Killer Bills
- Job Creator Bills
- 2022 Vote Record – The CalChamber’s position on a bill and how each legislator voted. (10/21/2022)
- Best Business Votes 2022 – Lists legislators according to their support for business positions. (10/21/2022)
- 2022 Major Victories – How CalChamber advocacy in 2022 helped employers.
Advocacy Return on Investment
- Legislative Pictorial Roster – Photos of constitutional/statewide officers and state legislators.
- Guidelines for Political Communications to Employees
- Legislative Guide – How to convey your message to your legislator.
For more than 130 years, CalChamber has worked to make California a better place to live, work, and do business by giving private sector employers a voice in state politics and providing a full range of California-specific products and services.