The California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz), in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and the Sacramento CITD will lead a delegation of 10 California companies to Expo Seguridad in Mexico City.
Expo Seguridad is regarded as the largest exhibition of security products and solutions in Latin America, where manufacturers, distributors, integrators, along with national and international users meet. Participating CA small businesses will get the opportunity to interact, connect, and develop face to face relationships in one of the most rapidly growing markets; introduce and showcase their latest innovations and solutions to more than 17,000 attendees, conveniently under one roof.
E-Commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services and transmitting funds or data over the Internet. A key focus of this workshop will be global transactions.
Learn How To Use Google:
ESTABLISH YOUR GLOBAL BRAND ONLINE
* Create a Global Footprint by Defining Your Brand Identity O Understand Your Global Customers
* Learn Trends to Adapt to Your Target Country Markets
ESTABLISH ONLINE MARKETING STRATEGIES
* Be Found Globally by Using Google MY BUSINESS
* Create a Website Experience to Drive Sales O Increase Customers with Google ADWORDS Campaign
IDENTIFY METRICS & RESEARCH TOOLS
* Track Website Traffic with Google ANALYTICS
* Evaluate & Measure Results using KPI’s & SMART Goals
Learn How to Use Amazon:
* The Power of Amazon Sales Channel
* Benefits of Selling on Amazon
* Dangers & Common Mistakes
* How to Get Started
* Creating a Brand
* An Overview of Global Amazon Marketplace, including Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan & the U.K.
* Success Stories of U.S. Small Businesses Selling Internationally
This two-day program is led by the Bureau of Industry & Security’s professional counseling staff and provides an in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The program will cover the information exporters need to know to comply with U.S. export control requirements on commercial goods. Presenters will conduct a number of “hands-on” exercises that will prepare you to apply the regulations to your own company’s export activities.
This workshop will explain:
– The Scope of the Export Administration Regulations
– How to determine the export licensing requirements for your product
– When you may export without applying for a license
– What an “Export Management Compliance Program (EMCP)” is, and how it can help meet your regulatory responsibilities
– What the Enhanced Proliferation Control Initiative is, and how it affects you
The registration fee is $500 per person. Includes continental breakfasts, a luncheon both full days, and conference materials.
Join the Institute of the Americas (IOA), the State of Jalisco Energy Agency, and the US Commercial Service for an overview of the energy sector in the State of Jalisco, as well as an outlook and insights into specific opportunities in the sector, and the panorama of potential projects and partnerships that will boost innovation and deployment of renewable technologies, while also supporting the state’s effort to achieve its climate change goals.
The Director General of the State of Jalisco Energy Agency, Sergio Medina González will share the state’s strategic plans and further outline projects and investment opportunities.
California Farm Bureau and Farmers for Free Trade invite you to join us for an agribusiness roundtable and press event on the importance of trade and the impact of export tariffs on California agriculture
Special guest: Karen Ross, California Secretary of Food and Agriculture
Moderator: Dr. Hermann Tribukait, Representative, Sener-Conacyt Funds for Energy Innovation in North America
- Dr. Luis Serra, Executive Director, Energy Initiative at Technológico de Monterrey
- Dr. Michael Siminovitch, Director, California Lighting Technology Center at UC Davis
- Dr. Mauricio Alcocer Ruthling, Director, Center for Sustainability and Renewable Energy, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
Phone: (916) 444-6670 ext. 232 Fax: (916) 325-1284
Deadline: Friday, April 27 at noon
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 30
The day-long business summit is designed for California businesses involved in or contemplating engagement with China.
Speakers (partial list):
- Winston Ma, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, China Silkroad Investment Capital (CSIC)
- Jonathan Woetzel, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company; Director, McKinsey Global Institute Shanghai
- Curtis S. Chin, Managing Director, RiverPeak Group LLC; Asia Senior Fellow, Milken Institute; Former U.S. Ambassador to the Asian Development Bank
- Matt Petersen, President and CEO, Los Angeles Clean Tech Incubator
Attendees can expect to:
- Meet senior Chinese investment and trade delegates from throughout China
- Learn about trends and opportunities in cross-border business directly from top practitioners
- Connect with valuable business and strategic resources to help you define and execute your China strategy
- Gain exposure to projects at the leading edge of California-China business
- Get involved with ongoing California-China business development activities and initiatives
92nd Annual World Trade Week Kickoff Breakfast
Southern California: The Evolution of Trade in a Digital World
Keynote Speaker: Laurie Tolson, Chief Digital Officer, GE Transportation
For over 90 years, World Trade Week (WTW), an initiative of the L.A. Area Chamber, has been the most extensive and unique program of its kind in the country. Join us for the largest celebration of international trade in the nation at the 92nd Annual World Trade Week Kickoff Breakfast.
WTW dedicates itself to educating the public on the importance and benefits of global trade on the local and national economy through a series of educational programs and events.
World Trade is celebrated throughout the month of May with more than 30 events hosted by partnering organizations in Southern California that are jump started by the Chamber’s Annual WTW Kickoff Breakfast with more than 1000 guests.
World Trade Week supports college and high school scholarships, high school student workshops, as well as briefings for civic and business leaders interested in benefiting from the global economy.For over 90 years, World Trade Week (WTW), an initiative of the L.A. Area Chamber, has been the most extensive and unique program of its kind in the country. Join us for the largest celebration of international trade in the nation at the 92nd Annual World Trade Week Kickoff Breakfast.
Israel is a world leader in developing advanced technologies in water and agriculture. Israel reclaims 90% of its water; it is a pioneer in desalinating sea or brackish water; it has pioneered highly innovative agricultural techniques like drip irrigation and smart soil; and it has a growing ecosystem of technology companies tinkering with world-class solutions to solve water challenges of water utilities, companies, and farmers.
Join us in Israel explore Israeli breakthrough technologies in water and agriculture.
Mission highlights include:
- Curated VIP agenda for small group of business leaders
- All logistics, including transportation, guide, and meals
- Visits to leading incubators and universities
- Meetings with venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and senior government officials
- Meet with government and private sector teams working on master plans for new foodtech hub in the Galilee
- Participation in Agritech 2018 – Israel’s premiere conference and exhibition on agricultural technologies, innovation, and food processes
- Access to AgriVest, a forum bringing together leaders from business, industry, and government focused on trends and investment opportunities in the sector
- Specific B2B meetings in areas such as irrigation, water reuse, data-enabled agriculture, new crops, seeds, and genetics, and post harvest production processes
Topic: International Economic Overview
Speaker: Chris Thornberg, PhD, Founding Partner, Beacon Economics
Christopher Thornberg is Founding Partner of Beacon Economics, LLC and widely considered to be one of the nation’s leading economists. An expert in economic forecasting, regional economics, employment and labor markets, economic policy, and industry and real estate analysis. Between 2008 and 2012, he was a chief economic advisor to the California State Controller’s Office. Dr. Thornberg has been widely quoted in the media across all platforms. Prior to launching Beacon, he was an economist with UCLA’s Anderson Forecast. Dr. Thornberg has taught in the MBA program at UC San Diego’s Rady School of Business, at Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand, and has held a faculty position in the economics department at Clemson University. Dr. Thornberg holds a Ph.D in Business Economics from The Anderson School at UCLA.
Topic: International Overview of California
Speaker: Dan Walters, Journalist, CALmatters
Dan Walters has been a journalist for nearly 57 years, spending all but a few of those years working for California newspapers. He began his professional career in 1960, at age 16, at the Humboldt Times in Eureka. By the age of 22, Mr. Walters was the nation’s youngest daily newspaper editor. Mr. Walters joined the Sacramento Union’s Capitol bureau in 1975, just as Jerry Brown began his first governorship. Walters later became the Union’s Capitol bureau chief, and in 1981 began writing the state’s only daily newspaper column devoted to California political, economic and social events. In 1984, he and the column moved to The Sacramento Bee. He has written more than 9,000 columns about California and its politics and his column has appeared in many other California newspapers. Mr. Walters has written his own book, “The New California: Facing the 21st Century” has also been a frequent guest on national television news shows, commenting on California politics.