Visitsacramento.com is a great source for Hotels, Dining, Maps, Events and provide a vistor’s guide.
Where to Stay
As the state’s capitol, Sacramento has plenty of hotels located in the heart of the city, as well as some quaint bed & breakfast inns around town. The following are just a few of our suggestions:
- Sheraton Grand Sacramento – Located across the street from the Sacramento Convention Center, and a block from the Capitol, this brand new hotel is both convenient and grand.
- Hyatt Regency, Sacramento – Also centrally located across from the Capitol, this luxury hotel offers excellent service and fine restaurants.
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park – Located across the street from the Sacramento Convention Center main entrance, and a block from the Capitol.
- Sterling Hotel – An old Victorian house turned bed & breakfast, this inn is located in the center of town and is also home to an excellent restaurant.
What to Do
Surrounded by both the Sacramento and American Rivers, Sacramento is full of places to raft, cruise, or paddle. The city also offers plenty of museums, art galleries, and shops. Visitors should make sure to visit Old Sacramento to experience what life was like in the days of the Gold Rush.
- Golden 1 Center – Located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, this new venue is the premier location for music, sports, entertainment, and home to the Sacramento Kings.
- CalExpo – Home to the annual State Fair, the exposition center also offers “The Point” for family fun including bumper boats, batting cages, miniature golf, and a large arcade.
- California State Capitol Museum – Visit the Capitol building and take a guided tour, view informative films, and see historic re-enactments. This site also links you to other Sacramento museums.
- Old Sacramento – Located right on the river, this old section of town allows visitors to step into the past and experience California in the days of mining for gold and the Pony Express.
- American River Raft Rentals Float down the class II American River with friends or family, and hop on the free shuttle bus back to your starting point.
How to Get Around
Sacramento offers buses, trolleys, light rail, and other forms of public transportation to make your visit easy and convenient.
- Sacramento Regional Transit Access fare and schedule information for Sacramento’s buses and light rail.
- Sacramento Area Bikeways Sacramento is full of bikeways, paths, and trails. Get information about bike laws, view maps, and read safety tips.