Next Thursday and Friday, CalChamber’s labor law experts will be explaining California’s complex employment and labor laws, and how they affect your workplace.
Don’t miss this popular, two half-day live training event that guides you through human resources topics; explains requirements and best practices; and has interactive questions -and-answers opportunities throughout.
To sign up for the “HR Boot Camp,” click here.
The “HR Boot Camp” features forum-style, interactive sessions. The topics that will be covered include:
- Hiring, including Form I-9 verification and criminal background checks;
- Discipline and termination;
- Common wage and hour issues;
- Exempt and nonexempt classifications;
- Meal and rest break requirements;
- Administration of paid sick leave, and vacation and holiday pay policies;
- Leaves of absence basics and interactions;
- COVID-19 workplace safety requirements;
- Discrimination and harassment; and
- Policies and best practices;
The “HR Boot Camp” will be held three times this summer. There will be no recording associated with these virtual seminars so be sure to attend the live training.
- June Training
Thursday, June 22, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 1)
Friday, June 23, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 2)
- August Training
Thursday, August 10, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 1)
Friday, August 11, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 2)
- September Training
Thursday, September 7, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 1)
Friday, September 8, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT (Part 2)
To register for an event date, visit the CalChamber Store or call (800) 331-8877.