Panama is negotiating a loan with the IDB for $60 million to have energy in remote indigenous areas of Panama as the new administration is looking into reducing the percentage of people without electricity.
Learn about energy projects for remote areas in Panama
• The administration is keen to expand renewables industry and to steer clear of hydropower.
• The OER is responsible for promoting and developing electricity in rural areas not served and not concessioned from renewable energy and non-renewable energy
• The key projects they will be working on are: Rural Electrification Project through Network Extension and development of pilot projects of micro grids, and:
• small hydroelectric plants, wind plants, photovoltaic systems or other renewable energies aimed at preserving the environment, improving the environment
Please read the following information carefully:
• The U.S. Commercial Service requires event registrants to accept specific Terms and Conditions and review Product Standards before payment can be collected.
• Please read the Privacy Act Notice.
• Date: July 1, 2020 at 1:00PM Eastern Time
• Cost: $25 per participant (Ask about the Energy Webinar Series in Latin America, a total of eight webinars for $120)
• Venue: Your Computer
• The Net portion of the Webinar can be accessed 15 minutes prior to its scheduled start time.
For more information or to register, please click here.