Of the 1,042 bills that reached Governor Gavin Newsom’s desk this past fall, 870 were signed into law — many of which affect workplace practices and policies starting January 1, 2020.
Spend a fact-packed morning with CalChamber’s experts at one of our popular 2020 Employment Law Updates seminars. You’ll learn how new rules and recent court decisions affect your workplace as well as company policies.
“We’ll discuss newly expanded lactation accommodation requirements, the much-publicized change to determining who is an independent contractor, Paid Family Leave (PFL) and much more,“ says Erika Frank, CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
The seminars will cover the following relevant 2020 court cases:
- Reporting time pay;
- Expense reimbursement;
- Meal and rest breaks.
As well as new laws for 2020, such as:
- Expansion of Paid Family Leave (PFL);
- Independent contractor classification (AB 5);
- Expanded lactation accommodation requirements;
- Discrimination based on protected hairstyles;
- Registered domestic partners;
- Harassment prevention training;
- Minimum wage increases for California and cities across the state;
- Arbitration agreements.
CalChamber’s top employment law exerts will also cover midyear updates to laws and regulations, including wildfire/smoke regulations; pending regulatory changes; and practical compliance tactics.
The 2020 Employment Law Updates seminars run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Below are the dates and locations currently available:
- San Diego (La Jolla): Tuesday, January 7;
- Costa Mesa: Wednesday, January 8;
- Glendale: Thursday, January 9;
Friday, January 10—SOLD OUT—See January 24 event below;
- San Jose: Wednesday, January 15;
- Oakland: Thursday, January 16;
- Los Angeles: Thursday, January 23;
- Sacramento: Friday, January 24;
- San Francisco: Tuesday, January 28.
Every year, these interactive seminars sell out. Click here or call (800) 331-8877 to learn more or secure your seat. The cost is $199.00 ($159.20 for CalChamber Preferred and Executive members).
Can’t attend any of the seminar dates? Another option is the 90-minute live webinar on January 30, 2020. CalChamber’s 2020 Employment Law Updates training is approved for HR Certification Institute (HRCI) California recertification, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Professional Development, and Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credits.