Space is filling up fast for the one-day, topic-packed seminars focused on the employment life cycle, from hiring through termination, presented by the California Chamber of Commerce.
CalChamber’s employment law experts (your personal HR trainers) explain and provide compliance information for these core fundamentals:
- Hiring, including Form I-9 verification and criminal background checks.
- Discipline and termination.
- Wage and hour; exempt and nonexempt classifications.
- Meal and rest break requirements.
- Leaves of absence basics, including paid sick leave.
- Discrimination and harassment prevention.
- Policies and best practices
HR Boot Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the following locations and dates this month:
- http://store.calchamber.com/10032188-mastboot/training/seminars/hr_boot_campModesto: Tuesday, February 13
- San Diego: Wednesday, February 28
Erika Frank, executive vice president, legal affairs, and general counsel. She joined CalChamber in April 2004 as a policy advocate and general counsel, leveraging her 10 years of legal, governmental and legislative experience. Named vice president of legal affairs in 2009, she is CalChamber’s subject matter expert on California and federal employment law. Frank oversees and contributes to CalChamber’s labor law and human resources compliance publications; co-produces and presents webinars and seminars; and heads the Labor Law Helpline. J.D. McGeorge School of Law.
Erika Pickles, employment law counsel and HR adviser. She joined CalChamber in 2015 as employment law counsel and a Helpline HR adviser. She previously represented employers in California and federal employment law litigation, class actions, and private arbitration involving a range of workplace-related issues, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination claims. Pickles also investigated and responded to administrative claims before state and federal agencies, and conducted employment law training seminars. J.D. University of San Francisco School of Law.
For more information or to register for this live webinar, call (800) 331-8877 or go online. The cost is $399 (CalChamber Preferred and Executive members save 20%).