A parental leave mandate for smaller employers, plus new hiring restrictions are just a few of the significant changes that take effect on January 1, 2018. How will the new rules affect your day-to-day operations and workplace policies?
Don’t miss the California Chamber of Commerce 2018 Employment Law Updates seminars in January throughout California from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Join CalChamber employment law experts in person for a comprehensive review and discussion of recent updates to California and federal employment laws, including:
- Court cases from 2017, relevant to 2018.
- New laws passed in 2017, effective in 2018:
- Parental leave for employers with 20 or more employees;
- Statewide ban-the-box for criminal background checks on job applications;
- Salary history ban when hiring; and
- Immigration enforcement actions related to Form I-9 inspections.
- Mid-year updates to laws and regulations.
- Pending regulatory changes.
- Practical compliance tactics.
CalChamber has packed practical compliance tactics and clear explanations of employer obligations into our annual half-day seminar. To register, call (800) 331-8877 or buy your seat online. The cost is $199 ($159.20 for CalChamber Preferred and Executive members).
2018 Employment Law Update seminars will be held at the following locations:
- San Diego: Monday, January 8, 2018
- Costa Mesa: Tuesday, January 9, 2018
- Long Beach: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- Los Angeles: Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Glendale: Friday, January 12, 2018
- San Francisco: Friday, January 19, 2018
- San Jose: Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Oakland: Friday, January 26, 2018
Can’t make it to any of the seminar dates? Attend the 90-minute live webinar on January 30, 2018.
2018 Employment Law Updates seminars are approved for both HRCI and MCLE credit hours, in addition to SHRM PDCs.