Expanding Opportunity: An Agenda for All Californians
2018 is a transition year in California politics and public policy.
Voters will elect a new Governor, replace at least seven constitutional officers and seat at least 10 new members of the Legislature. Democrats in the Senate have pegged a new leader, and voters will decide the fate of at least one recall election and three legislative special elections.
Voters will also practice direct democracy in November.
Related Business Issues:
- Do no more harm to the entrepreneurs and businesses that are trying to create jobs. Given the state’s strong
regulatory environment, look for ways to reduce burdens on California employers and employees.
- Build more market-rate housing to help alleviate the state’s housing shortage.
- Maintain and expand California’s economic development infrastructure.
- Restore affordability as a high priority in energy development.
- Continue investing in education as an effective tool to improve economic mobility.
Expanding Opportunity — An Agenda for All Californians
2018 Business Issues and Legislative Guide
Agriculture and Resources
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
Health Care Reform
Housing and Land Use
Labor and Employment
Business Issues Guide
- Expanding Opportunity — An Agenda for All Californians
- CalChamber Job Killer Tag Identifies Worst Proposals
- Job Creator Bills Help California Economy Grow