111 E Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802
Savvy HR professionals, business owners and managers attend this yearly half-day seminar detailing recent state and federal court cases, new laws and regulatory changes.
Learn how new rules affect your day-to-day operations and workplace policies. Join our employment law experts in person for a comprehensive review:
- Court cases from 2017, relevant to 2018
- New laws passed in 2017, effective in 2018:
- Parental leave for employers with 20 or more employees
- Statewide ban-the-box for criminal background checks on job applications
- Salary history ban when hiring
- Immigration enforcement actions related to Form I-9 inspections
- Midyear updates to laws and regulations
- Pending regulatory changes
- Practical compliance tactics
CalChamber’s legislative presence at the State Capitol means you can trust us for the most accurate information and explanation of employment laws.