New to human resources or want a refresher? The California Chamber of Commerce is helping build HR muscle at a one-day, topic-packed HR Boot Camp seminar focused on the employment life cycle, from hiring through termination.
CalChamber’s employment law experts explain core fundamentals of the employment life cycle, in addition to discussing compliance requirements, policies and best practices.
“We’ll be sure to address hot issues on everyone’s mind, such as Prop. 64 and drug testing, local ordinances for minimum wage and paid sick leave, and the recent court decision affecting rest breaks in California,” said Erika Pickles, co-presenter and CalChamber employment law counsel.
It’s an interactive day packed with clear explanations and helpful information for business owners, managers or anyone who handles HR as part of their job.
CalChamber’s employment law experts (your personal HR trainers) explain and provide compliance information for these core fundamentals:
- Hiring, including I-9 verification and criminal background checks;
- Discipline and termination;
- Wage and hour; exempt and nonexempt classifications;
- Meal and rest break requirements;
- Leaves of absence basics, including paid sick leave;
- Discrimination and harassment prevention;
- Policies and best practices.
HR Boot Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the following locations and dates:
- Modesto: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- Burlingame: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Pasadena: Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Sacramento: Thursday, May 11, 2017
- San Diego (La Jolla): Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Santa Clara: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- Thousand Oaks: Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Los Angeles: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
For more information or to register for this full-day seminar, call (800) 331-8877 or go online. The cost is $399 ($319.20 for CalChamber Preferred and Executive members).
CalChamber Preferred and Executive members receive a 20% discount on the seminar.
For more information or to register, call (800) 331-8877 or go online.
HR Boot Camp is approved for HRCI recertification, SHRM Professional Development and MCLE credits.