Fifteen California Chamber of Commerce member companies were featured in the Orange County Business Journal “Best Places to Work in Orange County” rankings this year.
The top firms were ranked based on survey scores that were heavily affected by employees’ views on workplace conditions. The questionnaire, conducted by Best Companies Group, asks details about policies, practices and benefits, employee engagement and satisfaction, culture, training, pay, and other areas.
The Business Journal’s research showed that Orange County companies have made recent moves to recruit employees and keep them motivated, which include designing “creative office” spaces and investing in team-building exercises such as bowling.
Companies on the “Best Places to Work” list were divided into three categories: Small (firms with 15 to 49 employees); medium (firms with 50 to 249 employees); and large (firms with more than 250 employees).
The CalChamber member companies that made the Orange County Business Journallist are:
- Swinerton Builders, ranked No. 1. This general contracting firm invests in potlucks, an annual summer beach day at Marine Stadium, bowling, Angels games, and an annual Mammoth ski trip.
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart PC, ranked No. 14. The law firm provides pizza Fridays, turkey certificates at Thanksgiving, wine and cheese get togethers, an annual holiday party and summer barbecues.
- Staffmark, ranked No. 15. This staffing company provides certification opportunities, paid time off to volunteer and Fitbit challenges with prizes.
- Cylance Inc., ranked 21. This cybersecurity products and services company offers staff stand up desks, unlimited paid time off, weekly movies, foosball competitions, and parties.
- Jackson Lewis, ranked No. 23. A law firm, Jackson Lewis invests in summer events, holiday lunch/murder mystery, a Halloween party, Hawaiian Shirt Day, and acoustic guitar playing on Fridays.
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, ranked No. 28. This law firm provides Friday Jeans Days, weekly breakfasts, cooking contests, and medical benefits premium paid for by the firm.
- Ware Malcomb, ranked No. 34. This civil engineering group does monthly socials, bowling, off-site lunches, and a Newport Beach Harbor cruise.
- Bryan Cave LLP, ranked No. 36. This law firm invests in fitness classes, ping pong table tournaments, bake-offs, and offers flexible work options and schedules.
- Hughes Marino Inc., ranked No. 10. This commercial real estate company offers billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong tables; a gourmet kitchen; onsite gym; in-house grocery deliveries; and free bike rentals.
- Aviana Global Technologies Inc., ranked No. 13. This information technology (IT) services provider throws a golf event and two company parties a year. The company also gives out a Fitbit to all employees.
- Wood Gutmann & Bogart Insurance Brokers, ranked No. 17. This insurance brokerage firm gives annual chair massages for employee appreciation, cash opportunity drawings, and gift cards for support staff when monthly goals are met.
- Optimum Employer Solutions LLC, ranked No. 16. This human resource outsourcing company invests in quarterly all-staff lunches at a restaurant, Friday board game days, and personalized theme birthday celebrations for each employee.
- Numa Networks, ranked No. 19. This IT services provider has a break room set to include game tables, video games and movies. The company also provides happy hours, food and snacks.
- Greenlaw Partners LLC/Greenlaw Management Inc., ranked No. 24. This real estate investment firm provides bowling tournaments with prizes worth $2,000, monthly summer barbecues, and video games.
- Lojistic, ranked No. 31. This logistics consulting company offers Juice It Up Mondays, paid drinks and appetizers the first Friday of every month, a Five Star Holiday Party, and birthday celebrations.
To view the Orange County Business Journal “Best Places to Work” list, visit bestplacestoworkoc.com.